POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Forklift Operator
REPORTS TO: Immediate Supervisor
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count product. Unload and load product, scan product and place it correctly in warehouse. Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures that all company safety procedures are followed to include OSHA compliance and guidelines.
- Safely loads, unloads, moves and stacks products and materials onto pallets and racks in correct location.
- Scans product and moves to the freezer or processing area. Checks for accuracy and placement.
- Reports faulty equipment, damage to racks and other safety hazards to immediate Supervisor, Safety Director or Plant Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to become forklift certified.
- Ability to follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, which may include overtime, depending on production demands.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must have the ability to adhere to safety policies and OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Must be able to work with a diverse workforce, bilingual is a plus.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical effort required to step onto forklift and operate equipment.
- Requires the ability to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend, climb ladders and negotiate truck beds.
- Must have the ability to assess weight and judge distances and heights.
- Must have the ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to stand and walk on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.