POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant operating equipment to ensure overall operating efficiency and safety.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides repairs of facility equipment.
- Ensures operation of facility equipment by completing preventative maintenance.
- Disassembles and assembles equipment for sanitation and production runs.
- Makes repairs and adjustments in a timely fashion to ensure as little downtime as possible.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Proficient in the use of hand and shop tools.
- Industrial maintenance experience is a plus.
- Must be able to safely operate and repair various facility equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, which may include overtime, depending on plant demands.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce safety policies and OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Must be able to work in a diverse workforce, bilingual a plus.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to walk, stand, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl and climb ladders.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures with standing cool and cold temperatures down to -10 degrees.
- Must be able to stand and walk in wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.