POSITION TITLE: Production/Inventory Scheduler
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The production scheduler is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s production capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirement
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of all production ingredients, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report
- Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Collaboration Skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree
- 2+ years of production planning/scheduling experience