POSITION TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
SUPERVISES: Production Employees
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises production employees on assigned shift to ensure production guidelines are being met. Manage employees hours & quality of work to maximize efficiency. Follow and meet production schedule.
- Meet the requirements for production, i.e., making the product to customer specifications and meeting deadlines.
- Provide leadership and direction to employees under his/her direct responsibility.
- Delegate tasks so that employees can meet production deadlines.
- Maintain desired product quality and safety.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of product and equipment to ensure ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
- Perform daily checks to ensure that standards are being met.
- Work with Plant Manager and other supervisors to discuss typical problem areas and methods of corrections and improvement.
- Manage the efforts of employees on the production floor.
- Establish priorities to ensure employees’ work is efficient.
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
- Oversee the flow of product through his/her area of responsibility.
- Manage inventory in area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate with others.
- Must be able to work with a diverse workforce, bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Requires the ability to walk, stand, sit and use hands.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb ladders.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to stand and walk on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.