POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Manager and Plant Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time – Saturday through Wednesday – Hours: Monday-Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Hours: Saturday/Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (will have to stay later if everything is not done)
JOB SUMMARY: This position entails shipping and receiving, inventory, data entry and other tasks as assigned. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and be computer literate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Shipping, which includes working with orders and preparing BOL’s.
- Receiving, which includes processing work and sales orders
- Inventory, verifying FIFO and communicate all inventory discrepancies with the Plant Manager.
- The ability to work Friday through Monday.
- The ability to work the following hours: Monday-Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Hours: Saturday/Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (will have to stay later if everything is not done)
- Closes out the end of the month with corporate.
- Maintains filing systems on a regular basis.
- Answers telephone, makes appointments and greets customers and guests.
- Performs other duties and projects as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Two to three years of general experience in an office environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work with manufacturing software is a plus.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to sit or stand 8-10 hours per day and type while looking at a computer screen.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of paper, 20 pounds each.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Wage: $15.00 – $16.00
- Job Type: Full-time
- Full benefit package
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts